by Julia Goldbaum
My Cosmelan Treatment : Where there’s a Will, there’s a Way.
In autumn 2018 I decided to do a Cosmelan treatment. Cosmelan and Dermelan was developed by the Spanish company Mesoestetic. On the internet I read many positive experiences about Cosmelan, see realselfs Cosmelan community. In a cosmetic studio in my hometown I was able to purchase the Cosmelan products and was instructed exactly how to use them. So now I would like to tell you about my Cosmelan treatment review.
Cosmelan Effect – my first 2 Weeks
- My experience: The skin was strongly reddened at the beginning of the treatment. It was dry, tight and very scaly.
- After applying Cosmelan 2 Cream, the skin burned for a few minutes.
- Pimples disappeared completely.
- Skin habituation: After 2 weeks, the skin suddenly reacted less intensively to the Cosmelan cream as it had become accustomed to it.
Interrupt Cosmelan Therapy for excessively irritated Skin
#1 If the skin is very irritated, the Cosmelan application should be paused for one day.
#2 It’s also possible to cream only 1 or 2 times a day, which my beautician advised me to do.
Results after 6 Months of Cosmelan Treatment
Long-term use of 6 months recommended, which I have reached now. However, most sellers recommend a treatment of 8 to 9 months and I also extend my treatment by 2 months, as unfortunately not all dark spots have disappeared yet. I’m curious to see how the stains develop in summer. Will they darken again just as they did in the years before?
Effects of the Cosmelan Therapy
The dark spots are greatly reduced by the Cosmelan treatment and the pigmentation of the skin appears much more even. However, I must point out that some dark spots take longer to fade.
A nice side effect is that there are almost no more acne spots. This is probably due to the fact that the skin is much drier through the Cosmelan treatment. In addition, the skin is increasingly scaly, especially in the mouth and nose area, where the skin is also thinner. I’m very happy to say that my Cosmelan treatment review allow me to say : Cosmelan has helped my skin so much that I leave the house again without make-up and without being ashamed of my melasma.
My Recommendations for Cosmelan Skin Treatment
- For women with strong melasma: I would only recommend Cosmelan to women with strong melasma, as some unpleasant side effects such as reddened and scaly skin are to be expected.
- Persistence: Cosmelan shows good results in long-term use. It needs persistence…
- Application in the winter half-year: Cosmelan therapy must start in autumn or winter, because the skin is very irritated at the beginning of the treatment. Many cosmetic studios write on their websites that it’s possible to start treatment at any time, but I wouldn’t recommend this.